SFP Regulations Prior to Registration
• Students interested in the Costa Rica trip must receive my (Mrs. Ruggieri’s) authorization. After you have been authorized, you must enroll through the Explorica website. If you have enrolled without my authorization, I will be contacting Explorica to cancel your account and you may lose your deposit.
• Only current St. Francis Preparatory, sophomores, and juniors and seniors may attend the trip.
• Students wishing to attend the trip must be in good academic standing and have no disciplinary action.
• All tuition and fees owed to St. Francis Preparatory prior to the trip must be paid in full.
• Any student that fails a class and has to attend summer school may not go on the trip. He/she will be held accountable for any cancellation fees.
• All students wishing to enroll on the trip must purchase an insurance plan through Explorica
Day 1 Hola San José (groups flying from the west coast may be required to depart day 0)
›Meet your tour director and check into hotel
Day 2 San José--Arenal
›Travel to Arenal
›Arenal Volcano National Park visit
Day 3 Arenal landmarks
›Lake Arenal kayaking tour
›Hanging Bridges Excursion
›Hot springs visit
Day 4 Arenal--Monteverde
›Travel to Monteverde
›Local school visit
›Canopy zip line tour
Day 5 Monteverde landmarks
›Santa Elena Biological Reserve visit
›Plant your own tree
Day 6 Monteverde--Coastal Puntarenas
›Travel to Coastal Puntarenas
›Free time at the beach
›Optional Surfing lesson $35
Day 7 Manuel Antonio excursion
›Manuel Antonio National Park guided visit
Day 8 Coastal Puntarenas--San José
›Travel to San José via Sarchí
›Sarchí craft village visit
Day 9 Start river rafting extension
›Whitewater rafting guided excursion
Day 10 End tour
For more information regarding the itinerary, cost, travel protection plan please visit the following link:www.explorica.com/Ruggieri-8715
For a glimpse of what our Summer trips entails please watch the following videos:https://vimeo.com/226820689?ref=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR2FCfVouxMbUYwOKbzzMuzdHEiBsmZocHB7hb07-5z5Y7tGJSTAyvOM0HU
For further information, please e-mail Mrs. Ruggieri, the Chairperson of the Foreign Language department at MRuggieri@sfponline.org.